Facilities Services Division
The Facilities Services Division (FSD) is responsible for the Design, Construction, Maintenance and
Modernization of all LAUSD facilities.
Currently the District comprises:
- 710 square miles with more than 13 thousand buildings totaling more than 75 million square feet.
- 1,124 K-12 schools.
- 118 early education centers, adult schools and occupational/skill centers.
New Construction and Modernization Program
The LAUSD is undergoing a $19.5 billion voter-approved transformation to build new schools to reduce overcrowding and improve existing campuses throughout the District.
- Completed and opened 116 new school projects and 332 additional projects providing approximately 144,000 new K-12 seats.
- Achieved implementation of full-day Kindergarten at 475 schools that contain a kindergarten curriculum.
- Completed 181 out of 184 charter facilities projects.
- Completed all 31 early education center expansion projects and completed construction on 8 new early education centers.
- Completed more than 24,000 modernization and repair projects at existing campuses.
- Planning underway for $7 billion Measure Q program.
East Valley High School, Opened 2006-2007
Miguel Contrearas Learning Complex, Opened 2006-2007
Robert F. Kennedy Community Schools, Opened 2009-2010