FSD Home LAUSD.net Board of Education Bond Oversight Site Map Login | Register
FSD Home | LAUSD.net

Facilities Initiatives | Healthy Spaces, Healthy People

License and Lease Agreements

The Leasing and Space Utilization (LASU) department oversees license and Lease Agreements, beautification/community service agreements, and filming requests. License and Lease Agreements are issued for both short and long term use. The timeframe and procedures for these types of facilities use are outlined below.

For usage not covered under Civic Center permit qualifications, a license agreement for use of school district facilities may be issued through Leasing and Space Utilization (LASU)-Department.

License agreements are issued to third parties for the use of LAUSD facilities on either a short term or long term basis.
  1. Short term use Use of facility under 30 days (i.e. recitals, theatrical performances, parking, booster club or PTA fundraisers, etc.)
  2. Long term use Use of facility over 30 days (i.e. childcare, church use, sports training, etc.)

DID YOU KNOW? Community-based physical activity interventions are cost-effective, reducing new cases of many chronic diseases and improving quality of life.

Steps for Creating a License or Lease Agreement

A license or lease agreement is required for third party access to District facilities for usage not covered under the Civic Center permit. The steps required to develop a license or Lease Agreement in partnership with LAUSD are listed below:

  1. Prior to submitting an application to LASU, partner must obtain approval from the school principal for the date and time of school facility use.
  2. Partner should determine the timeframe for the license or lease agreement.
  3. Complete and submit full application and processing fees to LASU. Completed applications may be faxed, mailed, or hand delivered to LASU department.
  4. After reviewing the details provided in the application, LASU will prepare a fee quotation for the use of the school facility.
  5. Fees must be paid prior to issuance of a license agreement.

For more information on license and leasing projects, please contact LASU Department.


Applicants interested in utilizing school facilities through a license agreement should obtain approval from the school principal for the date and time of the event prior to submittal of the application to LASU. Applicants should contact the LASU office directly for an application. Applicant may fax, mail or hand deliver the completed application.

For more information on License and Lease Agreements, contact:

Los Angeles Unified School District
Leasing and Space Utilization
333 South Beaudry Avenue, 23rd Floor
Los Angeles, CA 90017
Phone: (213) 241-6785
Fax: (213) 241-6784


Applicants should contact LASU Department for an estimate of fees. Fees include processing, rental rate, utilities, custodial overtime and restroom/cleaning supplies based on hours of use, number of days and number of attendees. Fees must be paid prior to issuance of a license agreement.

Additional Types of Uses

LASU also issues licenses and permits for a variety of third party uses. Listed below are a few examples of additional uses. Should you have any questions or require clarification, please contact the LASU office.

Access or Permit Agreements
  1. Requests from third parties or District offices to gain access to LAUSD facilities for the purpose of construction access, monitoring, repair services, etc., are required.

Beautification or Community Service Projects
  1. A license agreement is required for beautification or community service on LAUSD facilities.
  2. All projects require review and approval by the principal and Maintenance &Operations (CPM) and may require additional inspection and approval by other departments (i.e. Office of Environmental Health & Safety (OEHS), Gardening, etc.).
For additional information, contact:
Jenneice Johnson
Phone: (213) 241-6127
Fax: (213) 241-6784
Email: Jenneice.Johnson@lausd.net

  1. The District has a film coordinator vendor that handles all requests for filming or filming related activity (i.e. parking, catering services, still photography, etc.)
  2. Refer filming or filming related uses to:

FilmLA Inc.
1201 West 5th Street, T-800
Los Angeles, CA 90017
Phone: (213) 977-8618
Fax: (213) 977-8686
Contact Name: Patricia Edgar
Contact Email:pedgar@filmla.com


Please visit in the upcoming months for an update.


  1. Leasing and Space Utilization (LASU) office

Facilities Services Division • 333 South Beaudry Ave. • Los Angeles, CA 90017
Website Accessibility | Nondiscrimination