Facilities Branches | Music Shop
Instrument Service Request
Sending Instrument (Brass, Strings, Woodwinds) to the Music Shop:
- Each instrument will need a Maintenance and Operations repair ticket tag. Tags can be requested by calling (213)745-1620 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please make sure all instruments are engraved with LAUSD and the school name and/or location code.
- When filling out repair tags, please print clearly and make sure the print goes through the carbon copy. Please provide:
- School Name and Location Code
- To be sent to: C3-Music Shop
- Instrument Name
- Brand Model
- Serial Number
- Repair Description etc.
- Tear off and keep a carbon copy of each tag instrument you send for your records, since each tag contains a distinct number used to create a work order and used as a reference to track. Attach the ticket tag to the case handle. It is extremely important for the instrument to arrive with a repair tag, make sure tag is secure.
- Once the instrument/s have been tagged, contact the Distribution Department to request an instrument pick up, that number is at (562) 654-9003. Inform or make arrangements with your site's staff/plant manager regarding the scheduled pick up.
- Additional Notes
- We recommend using rubber bands (double loop to tighten) to secure cases with loose latches, especially on flutes cases.
- Bows can be bundled by family under one ticket.
- Make sure all, if any, detached parts are included when sending instruments.
- Avoid mismatch joints, incorrect saxophone necks and body parts when sending instrument to repair. For example, Yamaha Clarinet Upper Body with a Bundy Lower Body is unacceptable and not repairable.
- Elementary Orchestra Instruments with repair tags can be routed to the Elementary Orchestra Office for possible replacement.
Submitting a Piano Service Request:
- Call our service request line at (213) 745-1600. Be ready to provide the following:
- School Location Code
- Your name, title, and contact number
- What's the problem?
- Piano issue and location of the piano.
- Provide best day and time we can work on the piano with limited noise (for tuning purposes) Monday thru Friday between 7:00am and 3:00pm. Date and Times are not always guaranteed.
- Route to Musical Department
- Category: Piano Tuning, Repair, Move, etc.
- Priority: Routine or Urgent --- Try to avoid submitting a routine service request as urgent by planning ahead.
- During performance season, please submit your tuning request ahead of time