Facilities Branches | Program Support Services
Finance and Accounting
Our goal is to integrate Facilities Services Division (FSD) financial requirements, staff planning, and multi-year project budgets with LAUSD annual budget development and financial reporting requirements, and to assure prompt, accurate, and efficient processing of contractor payments.
This department supports the Bond/Capital Improvement Program with the following functions:
Facilities Division Budget Development and Staff Planning
- Maintenance of Classified position budgets and site-based Plant Managers and custodial positions.
- Coordination of Facilities' Personnel Services Unit-HR continually changing requirements with Budget Services and the Personnel Commission for input to District systems: Budget Planning Tool and Systems, Application and Products (SAP) software.
- Administrative funds control of FSD General Funds.
Capital Funds Management
- Administrative funds control of 15 capital funds [1,100 Integrated Financial System (IFS) programs].
- Continuous alignment of fiscal year expenditure budget authority to multi-year program and project budget requirements.
- Local General Obligation Bonds (BB Bond, Measure K, Measure R, and Measure Y) long-term cash flow planning.
- Preparation and revision of Facilities accounting-related procedures.
Facilities Procurement and Payment Services
- External auditor support and forensic review of financial transactions.
- Technical encumbrance transactions in District systems of Facilities procurement activities.
- Prompt, accurate, and timely processing of Facilities contracts invoice transactions in District systems.
- Due diligence review of supporting documents in compliance with legal requirements, contracts, and policies and procedures.